Saturday, June 9, 2007

A Debtor to Mercy Alone

Life, fast-paced and self-centered, is a blurr of actions that serve self. Being a Christian creates a new scenerio about living in the world, namely that my sole pursuit is not self but God's glory. Santification is changing the pursuit of self to the pursuit of God and His glory. A person by themselves with no outside influence would choose evil or wrong. So how do you change your thinking? By mere reading this would seem to be an impossible task, BUT I left out the beginning. The mercy of God shown in sending His Son and pouring on Christ the wrath I deserved has made a way for me to be free to do good. So, I am a debtor to mercy alone. The freedom in that statement is the heart of the reason I struggle and strive to do good. My motivation can now be the GLORY of GOD and not the glory of self.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

ahhh...welcome...to the other side.

Beth said...

well since you came to the dark side of facebook, I thought I needed to make a small gesture of moving up in the computer world.