Sunday, June 10, 2007

the work of the body

I know two postings in one day is going overboard, but if you know me, you know I go overboard when I am excited. I just wanted to comment on the blessing that "God talk" has on my life. I few minutes ago a group of friends left my house and I am encouraged (not because they left). Our conversation ranged from brides maid dresses to the ottoman empire but throughout we spoke of our struggles with personal sin and how our salvation is being worked out practically. Are we pursuing correct relationships with the body? or are we responding correctly? What is our motivation in doing "good works"? Granted these question were not directly addressed but our conversation followed similar questions. The body is neccessary to encourage, exhort, love and confront. It shows once again that the Bible speaks to what can glorify God the most and one way is to build relationships with one another based on God's work and His glory.

3 comments:

kaelum said...

I LOVE overboard! Transparency is so refreshing! I'm glad you had a good Sunday. We need to get together for coffee/dinner soon. :)

Tara said...

YAY, BETH RILEY!
One day when i update my own, i'll add you to my blog roll.

Anonymous said...

That was a great time, wasn't it? You play a key role in making it what it was. We've gotta do it again.

-one of the friends