- Christ and His salvific work is the only thing that will bring complete joy and fulfillment.
- The Scripture brings solutions to problems, clarity to disagreements, and humility to your heart.
- Love is a daily choice to prefer the other, to be unselfish, and to align your emotions with the truth of scripture.
- Marriage takes work, lots of work.
- Marriage is a blessing. It can come as a surprise out of the blue. But to reap continual fruit in abundance you have to work hard to keep the dead branches, dries leaves, and rotten fruit from deadening your joy. Work, through the grace God has given, to keep your marriage in the place where it can bear the most fruit so as to reap the most blessing.
Friday, May 29, 2009
A New Post ... Finally!
I am sitting sipping my double, tall, nonfat, toffee nut latte and I am thinking over the past year. Since my last post God has pour rich blessing on me, mostly in the form of a soon to be husband, Paul. Paul and I have been going through premarital counseling for almost 3 months and I have loved it. I wanted to shout out some major points we have been told about marriage and see if anybody has anymore insight for Paul and me.